How to get the memory usage for the system in Erlang?

Tony Zheng tzheng@REDACTED
Mon Jun 5 21:04:59 CEST 2006

Hi
I want to check the memory usage(the amount of free memory available)
for the system in Erlang on Unix platform(Sun Solarix 10). I used
memsup:get_memory_data() or memsup:get_system_memory_data() command to
do it. But both of them gave an error message. Are there any suggestions
for that? Thanks.

$ erl -sname one
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.4.12 [source] [hipe]
Eshell V5.4.12  (abort with ^G)
(one@REDACTED)1> memsup:get_memory_data().
** exited: {noproc,{gen_server,call,[memsup,get_memory_data,infinity]}}
**
(one@REDACTED)2> memsup:get_system_memory_data().
** exited:
{noproc,{gen_server,call,[memsup,get_system_memory_data,infinity]}} **

tony