Language Bindings for Erlang Again

Michel Urvoy michel.urvoy@REDACTED
Wed Jun 7 00:01:26 CEST 2006

2006/6/6, Ulf Wiger <ulf@REDACTED>:
> Den 2006-06-06 09:34:38 skrev Romain Lenglet
> <rlenglet@REDACTED>:
>
> > To define the cleanest interface, C may not be the "primary"
> > language here, but Ulf Wiger proposed to use Felix instead.
> > A lot of work has to be done on this. Your contributions in code
> > and ideas will be welcome.
>
> I'll just have you know that I'm still working on this,
> as a really looow intensity background job. Whenever I
> have something working, I'll report it. I still think
> the felix approach is very interesting, but for now it
> seems as if the quickest way to learn felix is to first
> learn C++, then OCaml, and then figure out the
> differences...  :)

Hi Ulf,
Felix has a strong potential and is growing quickly.
Is your project to make a Felix port/node?
A couple Erlang + Felix could be terrific!
And gives to Erlang a direct access to C++ code/libraries.
You only miss the code replacement. I know this is a difficult issue
but perhaps not unreachable. Why don't you try to contact John
Skaller, Felix is perhaps young enough to be improved in that way.

Michel.