Language Bindings for Erlang Again (Opinion)

Garry Hodgson garry@REDACTED
Tue Jun 6 19:42:17 CEST 2006

Gordon Guthrie <gordonguthrie@REDACTED> wrote:

> > How scaleable, realtime, is
> > a large Erlang program? Where are the performance
> > tests over 100m of cat5? I'll test it myself and then
> > I'll know.
>
> Erlang runs the telephone system in the UK - all 1.7m sloc of it with 31ms
> downtime per year (yes 99.9999999% availability).
>
> The lesson of this is that Erlang 'only' gives you commodity, open-source,
> google scalability on comodity hardware. Apart from that it has little to
> offer ;->

does anyone have a pointer to some documentation about that?
i'd like to beat some people over the head with it.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

Can't you hear my lambs a callin'?
Oh good shepherd won't you feed my sheep?