Unexpected behavior in Linux

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Fri Jun 2 09:41:05 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 6/2/06, jaiswal.vikash@REDACTED <jaiswal.vikash@REDACTED> wrote:

>       I have developed a graphical application using erlang . But it's
> behavior is different in Solaris and Linux systems .

Could it be that the window managers on the two systems are behaving
differently?

A wild guess is that on Solaris the WM displays only a frame while
moving/resizing and redraws the window when releasing the mouse button; and
the Linux WM does display the whole window as you move/resize it around. The
latter causes rezise events to be sent whenever the mouse moves...

regards,
Vlad