Trap Exit (was Re: is there /dev/null process in Erlang ?)

Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Fri Jul 21 17:14:27 CEST 2006

Thomas Lindgren wrote:

> --- "Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB)" <ulf.wiger@REDACTED>
> wrote:
>
> > Joe is working on a erlang-docs-to-wiki project, but it won't be
> > mediawiki. It will of course be something much better. ;-)
>
> Kudos to him, though I honestly wouldn't mind using a
> solution that is globally available Right Now :-) And which
> is also hosted, and maintained, indefinitely of course.

Oh, you're too conservative.

> My sources (Jocke, that is, one of the original
> authors) tell me that the pre-publication format of the
> Erlang docs should be fairly straightforward to translate, by
> the way. If these sources were made available, Ericsson could
> reap the rewards of busy open sourcers working for free.
> Nice, huh?

What's the fun in that???  (:

Joe has a tool that transforms the OTP docs to wiki syntax.
It would probably be possible to convert to another syntax
than Joe's own (which has undergone a large number of
iterations). Right now, Joe is on vacation, so you'll most
likely have to be patient.

Regardless of wiki syntax, part of the idea is indeed to
activate lots of free labour on the Open Source side.

BTW, the syntax is just one aspect. It's the whole package
that's really interesting, and we'd like to see this evolve
into a really good documentation tool for all erlang users
- not just for the OTP docs. Please stay tuned. We think we
have some really cool stuff that's just about(*) ready to roll.

(*) just about = let me guess August or September time frame.

/Ulf W