compiling erlang src sans' java

Rick Pettit rpettit@REDACTED
Fri Jul 21 06:51:01 CEST 2006

On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 09:21:53AM +0530, Only OpenSource wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is there a way to compile the smallest core set of erlang without java ?
>
> autoconf itself fails on FreeBSD 6.1 if Java/JDK is not present.
> However, this may be a FreeBSD port specific issue.
>
> autoconf on Fedora Core 5 reports that jinterface will not be built,
> if Java/JDK is not present.
>
> What I am looking for is the requisite changes to be made
> to the main erlang conf scripts to disable java completely ?

You can enable/disable features (like java support) when running the configure
script (i.e. before running make).

Running "./configure --help" should give more information on how to do that.

> Are there any core features that are affected if Java support is
> not compiled in ?

Not that I am aware of.

As far as I know the main difference is OtpErlang.jar will not be built, which
has no impact unless you write java code which requires it.

-Rick