odbc and MS sql server

Pieter Rautenbach Pieter.Rautenbach@REDACTED
Tue Jul 4 12:51:02 CEST 2006

Click here to view our e-mail legal notice:
http://www.tebivo.com/email.htm or call: +27 21 888 7920
Hi Jani,

You can definitely access MS SQL DBs from Erlang. Take a look at the FreeTDS
driver (www.freetds.org) and the unixODBC manager (www.unixodbc.org).

Regards
Pieter Rautenbach

________________________________

From: owner-erlang-questions@REDACTED
[mailto:owner-erlang-questions@REDACTED] On Behalf Of Yani Dzhurov
Sent: 04 July 2006 10:43 AM
To: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: odbc and MS sql server

Hi

I've been reading through the docs of odbc module and tried to establish
connection to a Microsoft sql server....but without any success:

{error,"No SQL-driver information available. Connection to database failed."}

I've tried it to run it both from windows and freebsd machine.

Does anybody know which odbc drivers I exactly need? And is it possible to
connect to MS SQL server with erlang app, at all ?

Thanks in advance,

Jani