Anyone else needs a gen_tcp:send with timeout ?

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Fri Jan 27 22:03:09 CET 2006

mr> Matthias suggested to use the
mr> undocumented: gen_tcp:connect(Host, Port, [{send_timeout, 0}]) (or
mr> to use a timer).

A very, very quick glance at inet_drv.c suggests that it's probably
changable using inet:setopts/2 after the connection is established?

Unfortunately, I don't have a better solution.  It seems to me that
send_timeout is probably the proper hammer for this nail.  Perhaps we
can get an official or unofficial, "Yes, we'll be documenting that
option in a future release" statement?

-Scott