Running an application from the (unix) command line

Gunilla Arendt gunilla.arendt@REDACTED
Tue Jan 24 11:09:46 CET 2006

> 1. How do I get rid of the "text junk output" written on standard out in
> the beginning of a run? Like:
>
> Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.4.5 [hipe] [threads:0] [kernel-poll]
>
> =PROGRESS REPORT==== 24-Jan-2006::09:07:13 ===
>           supervisor: {local,sasl_safe_sup}
>              started: [{pid,<0.32.0>},
>                        {name,alarm_handler},
>                        {mfa,{alarm_handler,start_link,[]}},
>                        {restart_type,permanent},
>                        {shutdown,2000},
>                        {child_type,worker}]
>
> (I don't get this with the Windows )

This is a SASL progress report, which probably means you are using
the start_sasl boot script. If this is not your intention, run
the Install script again and make sure to answer 'y' to the question
"Do you want to use a minimal system startup instead of the SASL
startup?". (See System Principles for more information).

If you do want to start the SASL application, but not get its progress
reports, this can be configured. (See SASL User's Guide). Example:

$ erl -boot start_sasl -sasl sasl_error_logger false

/ Gunilla