Running an application from the (unix) command line

Pupeno pupeno@REDACTED
Tue Jan 24 05:52:56 CET 2006

On Monday 23 January 2006 05:36, Gunilla Arendt wrote:
> Snip from erl(1):
>
> "-s Mod [Func [Arg1, Arg2, ...]]
>   Makes init call the specified function. Func defaults to start. If no
>   arguments are provided, the function is assumed to be of arity 0.
>   Otherwise it is assumed to be of arity 1, taking the list
>   [Arg1,Arg2,...] as argument."
>
> Thus "erl -s application start myapp" will result in a call to
> "application:start([myapp])" instead of the desired
> "application:start(myapp)".

This doesn't work, I don't know why but what I see is that my parameters get
totally ignored.

> I recommend you create a boot script which starts your application
> instead. You can either write a .rel file and use it to generate
> a boot script, or edit an existing .script file and use
> systools:script2boot/1 to transform it into a .boot file. See
> OTP Design Principles and systools(3) for details.

This is the route I am taking. Thank you. :)
--
Pupeno <pupeno@REDACTED> (http://pupeno.com)
Vendemos: Conocer y collecionar Monedas y Billetes de Todo el Mundo: