Recursive list comprehension

Peter-Henry Mander erlang@REDACTED
Fri Jan 13 11:29:17 CET 2006

Hi Joel,

I'm reading http://web.engr.oregonstate.edu/~erwig/papers/Zurg_JFP04.pdf

I haven't read all of the paper but it probably gives good guidance in
avoiding re-implementing backtracking in Erlang. Have you looked there?

Since Erlang was derived from Prolog a long time ago, I think Dr. Joe &
colleagues omitted backtracking because of rampant memory consumption
and the possibly iffy use of red/green cut that I for one never properly
understood. Erlang gains clarity without backtracking methinks.

Pete.