Logging to one process from thousands: How does it work?

Raimo Niskanen raimo@REDACTED
Tue Jan 3 14:03:42 CET 2006

There is a small fix in the scheduler for the standard
producer/consumer problem: A process that sends to a
receiver having a large receive queue gets punished
with a large reduction (number of function calls)
count for the send operation, and will therefore
get smaller scheduling slots.