[erlang-questions] Help with 'make' module and the shell (devel loop issue)

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Fri Dec 29 08:15:46 CET 2006

Hi,

On 12/29/06, Jonathan Gold <dev@REDACTED> wrote:
>     - edit one of the files with vim in window X
>     - run make:all() from the erl shell (lcd'ed to my source-code
>       directory) in window Y
>     - ??? (currently just handcoding c( foo ) for all changed modules
>       'foo')
>     - run some function to observe my new code
>     - repeat...
>
> The '???' in the third step is the gap I think may need to be filled.

Have you tried make:all([load]) ? I'm not sure if the load option
works in Emakefile.

There is also a nice contribution by Serge Aleynikov, which you can
search for in the mailing list archives (look for the terms "modified
modules serge"), that provides shortcuts for these operations.

best regards,
Vlad