[erlang-questions] Arrays and setelement

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Fri Dec 29 04:18:44 CET 2006

On Dec 29, 2006, at 2:57 AM, Mikael Pettersson wrote:

> setelement works by copying, except when the BEAM compiler
> can prove that intermediate copies are redundant, in which
> cases it simple performs assignments.

I would like to see if I can avoid copying. The reason I'm so
concerned with copying is that I would like my "arrays" to be updated
within a few milliseconds if not microseconds.

This may well be a moot point since I will need to parse FIX protocol
messages to extract my market quotes before updating the price array/
tuple. I would then need to run the logic of my trading system
(nothing complicated), compose a FIX protocol message and send it out
over TCP.

I'm shooting for milliseconds for the whole thing, thus trying to
keep copying to a minimum.

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/