[erlang-questions] Arrays and setelement

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Fri Dec 29 02:19:17 CET 2006

Folks,

According to the setelement docs, it returns an array that is a copy
of the original, with the element at index N replaced with new value.
How is this implemented in the VM, though?

Does setelement actually allocate a new array of the same size?

What is the most efficient (speed-wise) implementation of arrays in
Erlang?

My arrays themselves would be very small, less than 100 elements. I
do need very fast assignment and fetching, though. The arrays are
dense, no holes.

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/