[erlang-questions] Mnesia and concurrency

Yariv Sadan yarivvv@REDACTED
Thu Dec 21 23:13:54 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm not a database guru, so forgive me if some of my assumptions are
wrong, but if I understand it correctly, many DBMS engines employ some
type of one-writer/multiple-readers concurrency strategy to prevent
long reads from becoming bottlenecks. This requires multiple threads
to be able to read a table concurrently, which implies that the table
is shared between multiple threads. In Erlang, this isn't an option
(at least, not if the data is in RAM), so, does that mean that Mnesia
tables can only be read by one process at a time?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Regards,
Yariv