[erlang-questions] Introspecting the atom table

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Wed Dec 20 23:44:15 CET 2006

Why would you want to check if an atom is in the atom table?

I thought the atom table was a has table of sorts that did not house
duplicate atoms.

Am I wrong or is it a huge time saver to check if the string is in
the atom table before attempting to create an atom?

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/