[erlang-questions] Sponsoring: Looking for a Windows network developer

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Sat Dec 16 14:48:55 CET 2006

Hello,

We are looking for a Windows network developer to analyse the Erlang
enotsock problem on some Windows XP installation and provide a fix.

On some Windows XP Erlang system, Erlang cannot start in distributed
mode nor listen to a socket, consistently failing with a enotsock error.
What is strange is that some other environment works well on the same
machine and some other programs in other programming languages can
bind the socket (on the same port).

Some reference on the trouble:
http://www3.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200411/msg00118.html
http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2006-April/020084.html
http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200308/msg00076.html
http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2004-April/012056.html
http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200405/msg00136.html
http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-bugs/2006-March/000165.html

That's why we would like to sponsor a work to find a solution to this
bug that limit the growth of Erlang.

Please, contact me privately if you are interested.

We will post result and progress on the Erlang mailing list.

Thank you !

--
Mickaël Rémond
  http://www.process-one.net/