[erlang-questions] chat server in erlang

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Tue Dec 12 08:49:51 CET 2006

Hello,

Le 12 déc. 06 à 08:06, Siddharth Pareek a écrit :

>  hi,
>        I have to write a chat server in erlang. Do any one have an
> idea or has done this work before so that I can get guidance
> related to it.

Depending on what you want to achieve you have several approach:

- If you need a chat server for your work, that rely on standards,
maybe you could just simply reuse an existing one like ejabberd:
http://www.process-one.net/en/projects/ejabberd/

- If you want to write a chat server for learning or if you do not
need to support standards, you could simply write a chat client in
pure Erlang based on message passing mechanisms.

I hope this helps,

--
Mickaël Rémond
  http://www.process-one.net/