[erlang-questions] eaddrinuse on connect ?

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Mon Dec 11 09:47:42 CET 2006

On 2006-12-09 17:53, Mickaël Rémond wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When a lot, of outgoing connections are open, I can sometimes see
> eaddrinuse error on outgoing TCP connect.
> As the error is obvious for binding/listening to a local socket, I was
> wondering why this error could occur and how to avoid it.

i think that, for TCP, you need a socket on the sending computer, too.
for ack/nack, flow control, etc.

> Can using the reuseaddr parameter help in this situation ?

yes, it should allow you to open the outgoing socket. perhaps you would
get into trouble if the previous remote computer is still sending things
back to your local/sending computer. but the sequence number should
protect you from that... i think it will be ok.

bengt
--
    EPO guidelines 1978: "If the contribution to the known art resides
    solely in a computer program then the subject matter is not