[erlang-questions] wanted: example of try/catch

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Fri Dec 8 15:58:10 CET 2006

greetings,

i am trying to use try/catch. the documentatin i have is the EUC 2004
paper ''Erlang's exception handling revisited''. it has lead me to
belive that this super simple example should produce 'kalle' in the
erlang shell:

try false = true catch Error -> kalle end.

it does not. i get:
** exited: {{badmatch,true},[{erl_eval,expr,3}]} **

is there an alternative reading to ''Erlang's exception handling
revisited''?
or is there a simple explanation as to why my example does not work?

bengt
--
    EPO guidelines 1978: "If the contribution to the known art resides
    solely in a computer program then the subject matter is not