[erlang-questions] Command line and quotes

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Wed Dec 6 15:34:56 CET 2006

On 2006-12-06 11:58, Mats Cronqvist wrote:
...deleted

>    i don't really know anything about bash quoting, but this;
>
> $ run_erl -daemon /tmp/ /tmp "erl -sname aname"
>
>    and this;
>
> #!/bin/bash
> run_erl -daemon /tmp/ /tmp "erl -sname aname"
>
>    should (and does) work.

out of curiosity i would like to ask if the "'s are necessary? i would
expect:
run_erl -daemon /tmp/ /tmp erl -sname aname
to behave the same way as your example.

i know i can try this on my own system, so you may of course forget
about testing this if you do not feel like it.

bengt
--
    EPO guidelines 1978: "If the contribution to the known art resides
    solely in a computer program then the subject matter is not