[erlang-questions] otp_src_R11B-2 build hangs on cygwin under Win2k

Eduardo Bernal bigproper@REDACTED
Sat Dec 2 05:19:46 CET 2006

./configure completes without error, seemingly finding all that it needs.
make hangs during something that looks like a bootstrapping step, after
working on the openssl lib. Make's output messages are pretty long by that
step, and I should probably also let you know the contents of cygcheck -v,
to better give a sense of the build environment, but that, too is hundreds
of lines.

It hangs while running erl or whatever is built to that point, because when
I control-C, I get the erl menu. Any tips to help me suss this out on my
own?

This same version built and runs happily on another computer of mine under
cygwin from April , 2005. The version it hangs on is from this November,
2006.

Thanks for you time.

Ed Bernal

--
Two birds tied together have four wings but cannot fly