Xmerl 1.0.3 prolog issue

Heinrich Venter heinrich@REDACTED
Tue Apr 4 11:45:59 CEST 2006

Hi List

I am using xmerl 1.0.3 to parse a large XML file into a new format that
is useful for my application.  The callback module I created works, but
only if there is no prolog line in the XML file.  I tried one of the
supplied callback modules, but got the same error message.  If I take
out the prolog line, everything processes fine.
I tried the same thing with some of the XML files in the documentation
with the same results.  Am I missing some parameter or configuration
setting?

>xmerl_eventp:file_sax("wurfl.xml", xmerl_xml,[],[]).

=ERROR REPORT==== 4-Apr-2006::11:26:51 ===
Error in process <0.45.0> with exit value:
{badarg,[{xmerl_scan,scan_prolog,3},{
xmerl_scan,scan_document,2},{xmerl_scan,file,2},{erl_eval,do_apply,5},{s
hell,exp
rs,6},{shell,eval_loop,3}]}

** exited: {badarg,[{xmerl_scan,scan_prolog,3},
                    {xmerl_scan,scan_document,2},
                    {xmerl_scan,file,2},
                    {erl_eval,do_apply,5},
                    {shell,exprs,6},