Erlang repository for (K)Ubuntu Breezy

Pupeno pupeno@REDACTED
Mon Apr 3 18:25:06 CEST 2006

http://pupeno.com/blog/erlang-repository-for-k-ubuntu-breezy

Recently I created a repository for Erlang and ejabberd (a Jabber server
written in Erlang) for Debian Sarge because I needed it on one of my servers
(which runs that operating system). Since then I promised a (K)Ubuntu
counter-part, here it is.

To use it, just add to /etc/apt/sources.list of your favourite Ubuntu flavor
the following lines:

deb http://packages.pupeno.com/ breezy erlang
deb-src http://packages.pupeno.com/ breezy erlang

and that's it; you can run

apt-get install erlang

and get the lattest version of Erlang. Remeber to run

apt-get update

before.

I am also uploading erlang-manpages and erlang-doc-html, you'll get them soon.
Please, try the repository, I am on a slow dial-up link and uplading it tooked
me days, I am not going to install from it.

Some notes regarding the Erlang packages. It is the last version, I upgraded
it myself to R10B-10. I don't know why when installing the Emacs extension
you'll get some warnings, they don't seem dangerous and everything works
anyway.

In most common (K)Ubuntu installations you won't mind this, but the Erlang
package depends on Tk which depends on part of the X Windows System. I know
this is not right for servers and I'll work out a solution (that is
separating the parts that require Tk in an optional package). Once that is
working, I'll backport this packages to the Debian Sarge repository; please,
be patient (or pay ;).

Thank you.
--
Pupeno <pupeno@REDACTED> (http://pupeno.com)