Meta-Erlang (was RE: Erlang vs Java revisited)

Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Wed Sep 28 16:21:12 CEST 2005

For the next person itching to explore parse transforms:

One of the annoying things about parse transforms is that
you tend to have to cover the entire language even if you
just want to add a small tweak.

Last time I attempted one, I decided to try with syntax_tools.
It seemed to me as if it would be possible to write a small
and maintainable parse transform using syntax_tools, but
I got stuck on some details, and was then diverted.

Unfortunately, I have lost both my unfinished code and the
recollection of whatever it was I got stuck on. All I have
left to contribute is moral support. :)

/Uffe