proxy? behaviour pattern implementation

Gaspar Chilingarov nm@REDACTED
Fri Sep 23 17:18:42 CEST 2005

hi there!

I have some problems with properly implementing
proxy pattern - i.e. I have one process which can emit messages to
another process, and I wish to have another running process to
retranslate them to subscribed processes.

So I need to implement process which can handle registering/
unregistering subscribers, and broadcasting messages got from another
process.

This can be implemented without any problems, but how should I handle
crashes and restarts of receiving processes? And how emitting process
should know and handle restarts of proxy process -- I mean how it should
get new pid after restart?

--
Gaspar Chilingarov
System Administrator