GUIs - ruby on rails, rico

Gaspar Chilingarov nm@REDACTED
Mon Sep 19 13:17:22 CEST 2005

Hm. You have pointed good link to investigate and think about.
At current moment I'm thinking about dynamically feeding XUL scripts
with data generated on server. It have pluses - you can build and use
complex user interfaces - which can have some logic on client. In other
hand it works only in mozilla.

Idea of making some standard calls from user interface to server is very
amaizng in means that you can almost automate functoinal testing of
applications. In case if your client is `thin` and have no logic at all
in it -- you can have mistakes only in data rendering on page, which is
easy to track (you should have test server, which will provide correct
predefined responses to UI).

--
Gaspar Chilingarov
System Administrator