Parallel Language

orbitz@REDACTED orbitz@REDACTED
Sun Sep 18 18:49:29 CEST 2005

I apologize if my question is a bit too off-topic for this forum.
However, my question is related to concurrency in some way and I
thought, perhaps, people exposed to Erlang would have good suggestions.
  I am looking for a language similar to Erlang in concept.  However I
would like to do CPU intensive mathematical computations with it.  I
would like to be able to easily communicate with nodes on the cluster
which is something that Erlang does quite well.  One possibility is to
write the CPU intensive stuff in C and interface it with Erlang, but if
there is a language which does all of this for me, well, that would be
great.  I have come across ZPL

http://www.cs.washington.edu/research/zpl/home/index.html

However it does not appear to be stable yet or there is not much
documentation on it.  Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.