edoc - how to set up links?

Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Thu Sep 15 16:54:38 CEST 2005

Looking at some generated edoc files, I'm wondering
how one is supposed to set up working references to
e.g. OTP's html pages.

Per default, edoc creates references to http://www.erlang.org/edoc/doc/
etc., but those don't seem to work. It also has a utility function,
edoc_lib:find_doc_dirs(), that searches the code path for doc/ directories
relative to the ebins. For the doc directories to count, they must contain
an 'edoc-info' file, but none of the OTP applications, at least in R10B-2
(or the latest commercial build) have such files, as far as I can tell.

Is there a generally accepted, or at least recommended, procedure?
If not, does anyone have a suggestion or success story to share?

/Uffe