Retrieve release name

chandru chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Wed Sep 14 12:31:11 CEST 2005

On 14 Sep 2005 11:51:09 +0200, Bjorn Gustavsson <bjorn@REDACTED> wrote:
> However, in practice, it is very unlikely that there are several
> releases in the dictionary.
>
> I don't think that anyone would install DEVELOPMENT systems that way
> (even though it would probably work).

True - I install releases under different directories in my dev env.

> In a TARGET system (which is what Gunilla's answer refers to),
> I haven't heard of anyone actually using the release handler to
> upgrade from one major release of OTP to another.
>
> So I think that you could quite safely ignore the possibility of
> multiple major releases in one directory tree.

We have multiple major releases under one directory tree. But we don't
use the release handler to switch from one release to another at
runtime. We run a modified version of the Install script which
switches releases and then we restart the node.

cheers
Chandru