(Prolog + LISP + Erlang) with integration issues versus C++

Dev Functional devfunctional@REDACTED
Mon Sep 5 12:52:34 CEST 2005

On 9/5/05, Joe Armstrong (AL/EAB) <joe.armstrong@REDACTED> wrote:

>         Argument [3] claimed falsely that:
>
>         "Ericsson does not use Erlang for product development"
>
>         Yes is does - that's what I'm doing *today* that's what my colleagues are
> doing - hacking away IN ERLANG - MAKING NEW PRODUCTS. (Sorry for shouting)
>

>         2) You can't win an argument.
>

>       Interestingly - I know of a small number of companies using Erlang who
> absolutely do not wish it to be known that they are using Erlang - since it gives them
> a commercial advantage that they do not wish their competitors to know about.
>
>  /Joe

Dear Dr. Armstrong,

Reading your mail was very inspiring and helped me feel better. Really !

It is also very reassuring to know that Ericcsson uses Erlang in its product
development work today.

Sure, I am going to read Dale Carnegie's book.

kind regards
Dev.