(Prolog + LISP + Erlang) with integration issues versus C++

Thomas Lindgren thomasl_erlang@REDACTED
Sun Sep 4 18:55:48 CEST 2005

--- Dev Functional <devfunctional@REDACTED> wrote:
> In the final analysis, the project will proceed with
> the above made decisions
> and I will need to abide by these decisions if I am
> to keep my job.

Sorry to hear that.

It seems like your managers prefer to follow the herd
in their technology choices, so possibly this choice
was really a social one, not a technological one. The
arguments against Erlang above are basically a cry for
some more courageous company to show the way.

But on the bright side, maybe you can prototype in
Erlang next time too. If your company is large enough,
volunteer to join or form the prototyping group :-)
Good luck.

Best,
Thomas