I had a dread

Eric Merritt cyberlync@REDACTED
Thu Sep 1 20:25:59 CEST 2005

Even with the availability of REPOS, Joe has a point. There is a bit
of magic in being able to apt-get 'erlangish-foo' that you just can't
get when you have to do something manually. I think that erlmerge is a
huge step down this path, even though right now there only seems to be
a couple of packages available and no ability to erlmerge update to
the erlang distro.
 In general I think it would be great to have erlmerge and apt
integrated, but at the very least it would be nice to have erlmerge in
apt so that you could do an 'apt-get erlmerge' and then 'erlmerge
erlangish-foo'. Its not optimal, but its a big step in the right
direction.