choice of gcc version for Erlang on ARM/XScale/PXA

Marthin Laubscher marthin@REDACTED
Tue Nov 29 13:23:52 CET 2005

[Marthin Laubscher]
It was all cross-compiled. I know erlc works on the gumstix itself, but I'm
pretty sure /lib/x/ebin/*.beam files were generated in the cross-compiling
environment. After fixing the float library problem, I didn't pick up any
other issues, but now I'm worried about what is going to still go wrong. Do
you think I should I leave the .beam files or try to get a version of GNU
make running on the gumstix and build them all there again. I've trimmed the
system to a minimum so making the .beam files will involve fiddling with the
makefiles again.

Are you working on gumstix or another ARM/XScale/PXA implementation? My
gumstix app needs good float performance so I a little worried about running
without fpu. I'd love to learn about equally small alternatives that do
include a fpu option.