geometric memory growth

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Sat Nov 26 19:44:48 CET 2005

Matthias > > This seems like madness.

 > > Do you think that f() should print "humpty":
 > >
 > >    f() ->
 > >      Y = atom,
 > >      F = fun(X) -> io:fwrite("humpty\n"), X#state.channel end,
 > >      F(Y).
 >
 > Yes, I do.
 > X is not part of the fun's environment, but is passed
 > as an input argument at application time.

I failed to notice that your suggestion only applied to things
carried in via the environment. So it seemed stranger than it was,
because it seemed to make funs behave differently to normal functions.

Now I see it's 'merely' that you want record field selectors to be
more than just syntactic sugar for an element/2 call.

Matthias