principle of least surprise

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Wed Nov 23 03:46:32 CET 2005

Robert Virding <robert.virding@REDACTED> wrote:
	I don't really see why people still use the old X/1 type tests,
	it's not like we added the new ones yesterday.  Especially not savvy
	users.

Because there is no new edition of the Book?

Because there are vast amounts of source code examples in
the Erlang distribution using the old names?
(A very crude scan of some of the OTP sources I happened to have handy
 showed 5,337 uses of the old type tests, but only 180 of the new ones,
 and those were concentrated in just a few modules.
 Both of these are under-estimates, but the proportion is about right.)