principle of least surprise

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Wed Nov 23 00:41:06 CET 2005

That would be quite some flag seeing the level of nesting that
deep-guards would allow. What about try/catch? Exit and throw? I can
assure it wouldn't be long before get a discussion about "safe"
side-effect BIFs. Of course it is perfectly reasonable to allow
sending/receiving messages in guards, I need to question other processes!

Another problem would be the intransparency of user defined functions.
While it would easy to understand simple functions written by yourself
using functions taken from libraries written by other people could lead
to some very surprising results.

Robert