Newbie question about Erlang and SNMP clients

Micael Karlberg bmk@REDACTED
Wed Nov 9 10:03:57 CET 2005

Hi,

Joseph Stewart wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm just getting started with Erlang and wanted to know if the SNMP
> library can be used to set a value, get a value, and walk a tree on
> another device?

It's used here at Ericsson in several projects.

> The documentation seems to focus on writing SNMP servers, so if anyone
> has a simple example of client-type operations, I'd be most
> appreciative!

There is no manager related example included in the application,
unless you count the stuff in the test directory (snmp_manager_user,
snmp_manager_user_test_lib).

I have thought about adding a simple manager cli, but never got the
time to do it.

> -joe

/BMK