Web services

bryan rasmussen rasmussen.bryan@REDACTED
Tue Nov 8 10:00:33 CET 2005

If the idea is to provide better support for SOAP, hence the need for
WSDL, XML Schema, then I don't know about this, given that my
understanding of it in the WebServices community was that it had
already been passed by, defeated. The current debate is SOAP and Rest.

There certainly seems to be a good deal of argument as to whether SOAP
will end up winning in the long run.

Perhaps something to look at instead is EBMS.  Ebms extends SOAP, but
because it has a particular semantics to the message it does not need
support for XML Schema, WSDL to use.
spec: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/documents/ebMS_v2_0.pdf

EBMS does not need to be implemented with the other ebxml
specifications, but if it is synergistic benefits accrue. I am
thinking in the context of JEAI project etc. that a full EBXML
implementation could be a big selling point. EBXML seems to be moving
pretty well in the far east currently.