Web services

Tony Rogvall tony@REDACTED
Mon Nov 7 23:26:46 CET 2005

7 nov 2005 kl. 23.03 skrev Mikael Karlsson:

> Interesting!
>
> It seems also that some discovered that sending those XML messages
> on the line
> take some bandwidth and processing power for binding (oops what a
> surprise)
> so there is a proposal for "Fast Web Services" which in practice
> seems to be
> an ASN.1 representation of XML Schema.
> Since Erlang has an ASN1 encoder/decoder this might be something to
> look
> closer at.

If they do it the XML way (with out reading) they MUST surely embed
the XML string
into the request. The addition of the isWBXML flag is my own
invention to make the
size of the PDU a LOT smaller...

Request ::= SEQUENCE
{
	isWBXML	BOOLEAN,
	data	 OCTET STRING	 -- Put you XML or WBXML request data here
}

Response ::= SEQUENCE
{
	isWBXML	BOOLEAN,
	data	 OCTET STRING	 -- Put you XML or WBXML response here
}

This is very similar to how Nokia is using Corba/Java RMI in the NPS
(Nokia Profile Server)

	String resolve (String request, String sessionID)

The request is of course XML and the response is... XML

/Tony