Is concurrency hard?

Matthew D Swank akopa@REDACTED
Mon Nov 7 16:26:35 CET 2005

Marthin Laubscher wrote:

> It's as tough and mind-bending to think about these things while having a
> digital worldview, as it is to understand the language of dolphins.

It is?  I was under the impression that we'd been thinking about these
things since Newton.  Besides, If you look at the history of Math and
Logic (especially in the 20th century), continuous systems are as
artificial as any other math construct.  A model's success in mirroring
the "real" world doesn't change the fact that it is still a model, and
not the world.

Matt
--
"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to
your grandmother." — Albert Einstein.