linux Erlang/OTP status

Daniel Luna luna@REDACTED
Sat Nov 5 11:53:50 CET 2005

On Sat, 5 Nov 2005, Marthin Laubscher wrote:
> Brian's announcement did mention the exclusion of HiPE. I've not seen
> HiPE code, but I suspect that the trouble is that very tight
> optimisation is often opportunistically using specific platform and
> processor capabilities.

If you are running Linux then HiPE should work out-of-the-box for x86 and
amd64 on most kernels. It also runs on sparc/solaris(V8+) and powerPC
(both Linux and MacOSX).

HiPE can even be run on rather old machines. The x86 version should run on
a 486, I think. (At least any 586)

HiPE does not (yet) run under Windows though.

/Luna
--
Daniel Luna                           | Top reasons that I have a beard:
luna@REDACTED                     |  a) Laziness.