Erlang on the Blackdog

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Fri Nov 4 22:24:42 CET 2005

* doublec <chris.double@REDACTED> [2005-11-04 11:55:50 +0100]:

> The 'Blackdog' device has been mention on this list before:
>
> http://forums.trapexit.org:81/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5142
>
> I've compiled Erlang and Yaws to run on it, the binaries are here:
>
> http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz/2005/11/erlang-and-yaws-on-blackdog.html
>
> It took an overnight compile to get things compiled using the QEMU based emulator but it runs nicely on the device itself. Yaws seems to work fine. I'm going to try on 'ex11' and see how that goes. The blackdog doesn't have a display, it uses an X client on the host machine for that purpose.

I tried your binary and it is working on my Blackdog system.
I will try to support the Blackdog as a target architecture for the
Erlang REPOS environment in a near future.

In the meantime, for those interested in seeing Erlang running on this
little device, I can do demonstrations during EUC next week !

Thank you, Chris. I was afraid that the QEMU compilation would lead my
laptop to melt.

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.3pblog.net/