Messages missing

Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Thu Nov 3 13:20:59 CET 2005

Just a side note:

On the most recent erlang versions (don't know when it was actually
introduced), you should use:

list_to_existing_atom("Process" ++ integer_to_list(ProcessNo)) !
{MyMessage},

as this would prevent you from accidentally starting to create atoms
that couldn't possibly point to a registered process.

/Uffe

________________________________

	From: owner-erlang-questions@REDACTED
[mailto:owner-erlang-questions@REDACTED] On Behalf Of maruthavanan s
	Sent: den 3 november 2005 12:07
	To: erlang-questions@REDACTED
	Subject: Messages missing

	Hi,

	I am using erlang 5.4.3 in windows 2000, My program frames the
the message that has to be sent, but it don't send the message to the
process

	for e.g

	list_to_atom("Process"++integer_to_list(ProcessNo))!{MyMessage},

	ProcessNo is always an integer and this process always exists, i
don't get any error reports, i have open pman process and had a look. it
calls the integer_to_list() fucntion and moves to the next step, but
does not send the message to the process, what could be wrong because
this does not happen everytime but it occurs rarely...
	Can any one help me in this regard?

	Thanks,
	Maruthavanan.S