Attention Debian Users - Erlang 10.b.8 tests

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Thu Nov 3 09:09:35 CET 2005

Brent Fulgham wrote:

 > One thing you should try to include is support for HIPE, which was
 > turned off in the standard Debian build due to compiler issues on
 > some platforms.  Could you create an erlang-hipe, or just hipe
 > package that would "provide" erlang as an alternative for
 > performance-minded users?

We, the HiPE team, are very much willing to provide help to anybody
who decides to do this.  Porting HiPE to Debian should not be very
difficult, but due to not having such a platform here, we cannot
personally experiment with it. But we can either provide such help,
or even do it from a distance if we get access to such a machine.

Best,
Kostis Sagonas (for the HiPE team)