Is concurrency hard?

Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Wed Nov 2 13:24:24 CET 2005

> If Mats had read a little bit further
> under "Modern physics & the Aether" he would have found that
> aether theories still abound - ... - it's that warm green
> sticky stuff that glues everyuthing together

IANAPh, but the article "Endless, Boundless Universe"
by (apparently very famous) Grote Reber at least made
me think of aether -- not as a substance that facilitates
the propagation of light, but rather as a substance that
light can't avoid travelling through.  (:

/Uffe

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9335/G_Reber.html

"This background appears to be radiation from an electron gas
pervading intergalactic space. At 144 metres wavelength the
gas becomes opaque at about 330 megaparsecs. The gas has a
density of about 0.01 electron per cubic centimetre. The
electrons must have some energy input to replace the energy
lost by radiation and maintain equilibrium. This puzzle
seemed unexplainable until I had the happy thought that the
energy going into these electrons might be energy lost by
light photons during their travel through intergalactic space.

Further consideration disclosed the most likely phenomenon as
Compton transitions[20]. Calculation showed that the suggestion
of Shelton[11] was tenable. Also, perhaps, here was the kind of
thing Hubble might be looking for. The electrons in intergalactic
space act as transducers of energy from light waves to hectometre
waves. These are absorbed by ionized hydrogen gas clouds within
the galaxies. The clouds are building blocks for making stars.
Thus the light energy from old hot stars is recycled into unborn
stars. "