Port driver memory free

casper2000a@REDACTED casper2000a@REDACTED
Wed Mar 23 03:28:39 CET 2005

Raimo,

As you instructed I ran
erlang:memory(), erlang:memory(binary) - "erlang_memory.txt"
erlang:system_info(allocated_areas), erlang:system_info(garbage_collection) -
 "erlang_system_info_allocated_areas.txt"
erlang:system_info(allocator) - "erlang_system_info_allocator.txt"

As I can see Erlang memory fluctuates around  a 10MB total memory and 100KB binary memory
marks. Those outputs are in the attached text files, respectively.

Also I have attached to "TOP" output in the file "mem_usage.txt". As you can see, when the program
started around 12:50pm, Beam was using 56MB. At 18:55pm, it has gone up to 153MB.

Looks like there's a memory leak somewhere. Is there anyway to check the C port memory
allocation? How much it has been allocated? Or can that memory being some cache or something?

If you find time, please go through my dump files and see if you can identify where those memory
gone.

Thanks in advance!
- Eranga

Quoting Raimo Niskanen : > Quoting Raimo Niskanen :