Erlang Micro Edition.

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Thu Jun 30 23:27:30 CEST 2005

Alex Arnon writes:

 > I'd like to give an example of what I would use a Micro-Edition for:

 > Small device, e.g. home ADSL router. This machine would have a small
 > Linux or NetBSD kernel running, possibly an SSH daemon and a few other
 > processes. Memory budget = ~8MB. Maybe 12 or 16.

I have a device at home which you could call an "ADSL router". It sits
between my ADSL modem and my PC. It has two ethernet ports, a 50MHz
PPC CPU and 32MByte of DRAM. It runs Erlang R9C to do some port
forwarding, act as an HTTP proxy, an FTP proxy, a dynamic DNS client
and to re-login to ADSL whenever my ISP kicks me out.

Right now, the Erlang VM has RSS = 4556kByte.

Matthias