Erlang Micro Edition.

Erik Reitsma (RY/ETM) erik.reitsma@REDACTED
Thu Jun 30 09:15:24 CEST 2005

> Alex Arnon <alex.arnon@REDACTED> wrote:
> 	I would like to hear your opinions on the usefulness of
> creating a
> 	small-footprint Erlang VM.
>
> Compared with Java, Erlang *is* small-footprint.
> The smallest program I've ever managed to run with Sun's Java
> (on a Sun machine) was 32MB of virtual memory; Erlang is 7MB.

But a Java 2 Micro Edition requires a lot less memory (2MB or so), since it runs on mobile phones. So, even if Erlang is smaller that Java Standard Edition, it is no Micro Edition yet.
I would love to be able to run Erlang on my Windows Mobile Edition phone (epecially with some GUI interface).

*Erik.